HISTORY OF SEAWAY CHEVROLET CADILLAC BUICK GMC LTD.
- The president and dealer principal of Seaway Chevrolet Andre Lapointe has been a fixture in the automotive industry for over 35 years. In 1989 he acquired Brookshell Motors in Cornwall Ontario and for eleven years before that he worked for General Motors of Canada. Andre has always enjoyed the retail side of the business and in 2008 Andre had the opportunity to amalgamate Brookshell Motors and Cornwall Motor Sales to create Seaway Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC Ltd. A name that reflects the geography the dealership serves as the largest new car dealer in the seaway valley.
- It’s a one-stop shopping scenario for the entire GM selection in one location. Customers can focus on three key areas; fuel economy, safety features and the latest technology.
- The dealership now employs over 40 employees from professional and knowledgeable sales consultant selling new and pre-owned vehicles, a parts department that carries an extensive array of parts and accessories, as well as a service department like no other with highly trained certified technicians that can service any make or model.
- In 1997 Andre had a vision to add a bodyshop to the dealership and purchased the franchise Carstar. They are the leader in the Canadian collision repair industry and Cornwall Carstar was born. With 12 employees their well skilled technicians can repair any damages done from accidents, collisions and weather.
- So whether you are looking to buy a new or pre-owned vehicle, purchase parts or accessories for your current vehicle, have it serviced or looking to have body or paint work performed, Seaway Chevrolet Cadillac Buick GMC is the place to go.